Grant Assistance for Faculty
The Director of Faculty Grants assists faculty in applying for external funding to support research, creative, curricular, community, and outreach endeavors by:
- Identifying potential funding sources
- Interpreting agency and foundation guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Helping with proposal preparation
- Helping to develop proposal budgets
- Coordinating internal proposal sign-off procedures
- Assisting with grant administration
Faculty are encouraged to meet with the Director or Faculty Grants at any time to discuss research interests, professional goals, and possibilities for external funding.
Should I start with the Office of Faculty Grants or with Corporate and Foundation Relations?
Work with the Office of Faculty Grants if you are seeking support for your individual research, creative work, curriculum development, or community projects. Also start with the Office of Faculty Grants for any type of federal funding.
Work with Corporate and Foundation Relations if you are seeking funding for a project that is an institutional priority. Also work with Corporate and Foundation Relations if you are applying to a local community foundation. The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations manages the College’s relationships with local community foundations and serves as the point person for communicating with foundation representatives.
Not sure where to start?
- Check in with the Office of Faculty Grants. Jessica can point you in the right direction.
- View the Faculty Research Advice Column to hear about your colleagues’ experiences.